I have been working on my long term business and life Goals for the past year, making sure I am doing what I want to be doing. I have made some major changes in my life in 2011 because I realised some of the business interests I had no longer interested me. One of these was my IT business that I have run for 15 years.
I loved the business and everything I achieved with it but in 2010 I realised I didn’t enjoy it any more. I made some major changes in the business so that it is no longer entirely dependent on me and I have only kept a small amount of Business clients that I enjoy working with. My Focus in IT is now “The Cloud” and helping companies move to the cloud – But on my terms. I am no longer working at stupid o’clock because some clients server fell over after not taking my advice. Partnering with some highly regarded IT companies locally has been the best decision I have made in business ever (delegating).
Now that I have restructured, this has given me more time to concentrate on building my other business interests and preparing for launching a few new ones in 2012. From now on, I do what I enjoy doing and I do it my way. A business I have had for nearly 6 years has flourished in 2011 (Triplefishy) all because I put my time into the business I had the passion for.
As it is nearly December 2011 I wanted to look at my Goals for 2012, after posting a random tweet today asking “have you set your 2012 Goals”; I got some great feedback and decided with @Joel_Hughes that I would publish my Goals on the blog and see if we can encourage others to do the same.
So here are my 2012 Goals….
Early 2012 Business Goals
- Launch 3 of my new business ventures
- Achieve my ZEN Business Strategy (less clutter, desktop in the cloud, no money “leaks”) about 75% of the way there now.
- Improve my personal image – New Suit & Clothes & Regular Hair Cuts
- Promote my PA and give more responsibilities
- Recruit a 2nd PA
- Pass my Referral Institute Training and become an approved and qualified RI Trainer.
Goals to Achieve By End of 2012
- Launch the other 3 projects
- Launch at least 3 new BNI Chapters in South Wales
- Have a consistent £2000 monthly passive income from AWDC (My Affiliate Marketing Business)
- Have 30 monthly fee clients with Triplefishy LTD
- Gain 1 promotion in Forever Living Business.
- Win at least 2 Business Related Awards
Personal Goals for 2012
- Have at least 2 holidays – 1 including Parents
- Move House
- Get back in shape
- Climb Kilimanjaro (Oct 2012)
- Have monthly “me” days – no distractions.
” A business without Goals is like a Ship with No destination – who knows where you will end up. “